Saturday, September 1, 2012

Countdown to Kona - Balancing Work and Play

In the wee hours of Wednesday morning we'll be departing for the big island of Hawai'i. This week in California has been great fun and I have absolutely no concept of time.  The past few days have been a whirlwind of family visits peppered with long stretches in the sun, on the beach, in the ocean.  It's rough I tell ya.  This is the kind of stress I like, where my biggest concern pertains to the best SPF for 3 hours at Malibu Beach.

That isn't to say my week has been all play and no work.  I still have my freelance clients to satisfy, and I have to say I am absolutely loving my work right now.  I'm graced with a steady stream of assignments that I find interesting, inspiring, encouraging, and often these are all rolled into one.  Life is good.

Tony's getting pretty awesome at cracking coconuts, can't wait to see him learn how to climb a tree to retrieve them fresh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment