Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Countdown to Kona - We've Got Tickets

Today we sold our bed, it was an almost tearful separation.  Bed's like this only come around once in a lifetime, but a chance to live in Hawai'i is even more rare, so it was one or the other.  We've got our tickets, our bags are nearly packed, we're ready to go!  Still no homes for the cats, but I'm not giving up hope, I just know someone will pull through at the last minute.  Now all we have to do is wait for friends to take the last of what they'd like before the donation crew comes through for a massive pick-up Saturday.   Six days of sleeping on an air mattress, and I couldn't be happier.   Farewell, awesome bed.  Aloha, Hawai'i!

Did you know that on this day in 1959 Hawai'i became our 50th State?  

4 comments:

  1. Good luck Rachel. I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Aris. You'll hear from me often as I share my adventures on the big island!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you are doing this for yourself. Ever since I've known you you've helped everyone else around you, including me. You deserve to help yourself to a happier life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Mike, knowing you've got my back gives me the extra boost of confidence that I need!

    ReplyDelete